NEW MEDIA is a creation of Cinema and Audiovisual northern Paris Multimedia Pole with the participation of Empreinte.com and Foundation Tomorrow Territories . It represents 300 companies (technology providers, broadcasters, producers, researchers) and 80% of French TV actors.
In 1990s, the north of Paris was chosen by the european precursors of multimedia to install their companies, experimenting the first digital video uses.
In 2000 the department of Seine-Saint-Denis with the NGO Arenotech has founded the A3P prefiguration, followed in 2003 by the “Cinema and Audiovisual northern Paris Multimedia Pole”, to develop and promote activity, creativity and networking for the new media actors: companies, universities, research laboratories, training institutions and local authorities.
In 2010, the pole is a strategic actor; founding member of Cap Digital, the global competitiveness hub, Ficam associate member (Cinema and Audiovisual Media Industries Federation) and representing 300 companies (technology providers, broadcasters, producers, post production ...) and 80% of French TV platforms and producers.
The pole is a leading place in France for New Media. Its missions are:
- Develop the region's attractiveness by creating a “new media silicon valley in Europe”
- Maintain a permanent hight level of creativity by a mesh of actors, users and researchers
- Create an conducive regional environment for new media exchange, developments and research
The pole has been reinforced in its goals and wishes to extend its strategy of mesh fabric in West Paris, including the city of Neuilly, where a range of activities is emerging (and where the Living Lab wants to develop a large antenna in conjunction with many local actors).
It would also, and this is our main membership motivation for Living Lab label:
- Add projects within the European Network of Living Labs
- Make available to other Living Labs own skills
- Give rise to a large network of spaces European innovation in the field of new media.
References and Track Record
The main actors of the Living Lab NEW MEDIA, members of ”Cinema and Audiovisual northern Paris Multimedia Pole”, constitute a representative assembly of the various trades and tasks related to production, industry, research, representation, funding, education, etc;
The NEW MEDIA Living Lab associated with numerous actors (media, producers, software and hosting editors, universities and municipalities) wish to establish labeling their initiative as a living laboratory, with the following objectives:
- Promote and extend a multi disciplinary platform for research, development and innovation to fortify dynamic initiatives and ITC experiments in relation to users, with returns of uses locally,
- Develop the sharing of knowledge, best practices and synergies between economic actors (media, ICT companies, industry) and knowledge (universities, training center, schools, institutions),
- Forge a ”new industrial culture”, by testing solutions with operators, media, ITV actors, in relation to the public, to create a dynamic and creative research with a broad ecosystem of actors.
- Intensify international exchange with new media actors through the mesh of living labs
• Francois CARON Empreinte Multimedia SA, CEO, Digital Laboratory, General Secretary, +33(0) 158 700 700
• Andre Jean Marc Loechel Territories of Tomorrow Foundation, PDT
• Laura Garcia Vitoria European Network of Digital Cities, Scientific Director